The 1907 Hill Store Building
Aries Hill’s store building was built between the courthouse and the Bushrod Crawford house in 1907, in the space where the circuit clerk’s office had been.
For about thirty years it was a general store with an upper floor dwelling; it has also been a pool hall.
Its front (north) facade is stamped metal, with decorative moldings on the upper windows and pediment. It has two storerooms on the first floor and living quarters above.
After being closed during rehabilitation for several years, this building was reopened as part of the Beverly Heritage Center.